GatheringUs Tech Support Specialist
GatheringUs launched in 2018 to bring communities together after the death of a loved one to support each other and celebrate their life. We enable family and friends to gather at virtual events and create online memorials to share stories, memories and photos, fundraise to help the family with expenses, or donate to a nonprofit charity. We create and direct virtual and hybrid funerals, a vital service in today’s “new normal.” Our team has organized hundreds of events with over 20,000 guests.
GatheringUs is hiring a Tech Support Specialist to join our fast growing team.
Tech Support Specialists engage and support GatheringUs clients, website users, and internal team experiencing technical problems with real-time problem solving. Specialists receive tech support requests via email, calls, and texts. They listen to the problem and apply appropriate fixes to get clients and event guests connected to zoom events, set up memorials on the GatheringUs website, administrate crowdfunding, and a host of other challenges. Occasionally, a new challenge comes up, requiring Specialists to work with the Technical Support team to find an answer. Tech Support Specialists are comfortable offering customer support to grieving individuals, often offering emotional support as well as technical, so customer service skills are must. We offer training in our systems and software, so while applicants need not be versed in any particular technology, applicants should be generally comfortable with technology and computer systems.
Tech Support Specialists are level-headed problem solvers, balancing technical confidence with an open heart. Part “tech-nerd,” part “therapist,” part “detective,” he/she/they are adept at systematically deducing the cause of a problem while making a client feel at ease with the Specialist and the GatheringUs organization. Tech Support Specialists work from a home-office, and have their own computer and Wi-Fi access. The job is entirely remote and offers schedule flexibility, providing inbound calls are efficiently and effectively serviced.
- Be an integral part of our growing Service Desk, aiding and supporting the team and our client base with positivity, integrity, and dedication to the end-user experience
- Perform remote analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of desktop and end-user technology issues
- Document all steps and troubleshooting steps in the ConnectWise Manage system
- Provide on-site assistance to client end-users
- Ensure customer satisfaction with excellent communication skills and a proactive attitude
- Work with the Technical Team Lead to escalate trouble issues
- Attend weekly/monthly department meetings
- Provide after-hours support as part of an on-call rotation
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
- Remain calm under pressure
- Passionate about, and dedicated to, the client experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Strong documentation skills
- Self organization and self management
- Comfort with conversations about death and dying
- Windows and Apple Desktop Operating Systems
- Cell phone and ipad
- Microsoft Office 365
- Slack, Monday, and other CRM system a plus
- Communications – Written and Oral
- Analysis Skills
- Customer Focus
- Team Player
- Access to reliable WiFi and phone and/or computer
- Access to quiet place to interact with clients without interruptions
Schedule is flexible, depending on client events and needs. Tech Support Specialists work from his/her/their own home and report to a Customer Experience Manager.
This is a contract position paying $20 / hour.