GatheringUs Event Tech
GatheringUs launched in 2018 to bring communities together after the death of a loved one to support each other and celebrate their life. We enable family and friends to gather at virtual events and create online memorials to share stories, memories and photos, fundraise to help the family with expenses, or donate to a nonprofit charity. We create and direct virtual and hybrid funerals, a vital service in today’s “new normal.” Our team has organized hundreds of events with over 20,000 guests.
GatheringUs is hiring an Event Tech to join our fast growing team.
Event Techs run the backend of Zoom events to ensure a meaningful, seamless, effective service. They work with Event Planners to plan out the event, considering camera, media, sound, and any particular needs of the client. Part tech director, part event coordinator, part tech support, this role requires technical confidence and artistic flair.
Event Techs are very comfortable with GatheringUs technology (for which he/she/they will receive training), and consistently work with Event Planners to understand and anticipate client needs. They understand rhythm like a musician, and can match the back-end technology for lasting, meaningful effect.
Event Techs are level-headed problem solvers, balancing technical confidence with an open heart. Part “tech-nerd,” part “therapist,” part “detective,” he/she/they are adept at systematically deducing the cause of a problem while making a client feel at ease with the Tech and the GatheringUs organization.
This is a great job for a person confident in performance AND technology--someone who can master a technological system for a human, emotional effect. He/She/They is a team-player who realistically matches technical function to intended form.
Event Techs are comfortable offering customer support to grieving individuals, often offering emotional support as well as technical, so customer service skills are must. We offer training in our systems and software, so while applicants need not be versed in any particular technology, applicants should be generally comfortable with technology and computer systems.
- Be an integral part of our growing events team, aiding and supporting the team and our client base with positivity, integrity, and dedication to the end-user experience
- Perform remote analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of end-user technology issues
- Provide on-site assistance to client end-users
- Ensure customer satisfaction with excellent communication skills and a proactive attitude
- Attend weekly/monthly department meetings
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Remain calm under pressure
- Passionate about, and dedicated to, the client experience
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Self organization and self management
- Comfort with conversations about death and dying
- Comfort with Zoom, video, and audio devices
- Windows and Apple Desktop Operating Systems
- Cell phone and ipad
- Microsoft Office 365
- A/V equipment, Slack, Monday, and other CRM system a plus
- Analysis Skills
- Customer Focus
- Team Player
- Access to reliable WiFi and phone and/or computer
- Access to quiet place to interact with clients without interruptions
Schedule is flexible, but requires most weekends, depending on client needs. Event Techs work from his/her/their own home and report to the Events Manager.
This is a contract position that can convert to employee after a 3-month trial period. Payment is $20 / hour.